Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Rather than: 'God, we have to make another two after this'. "It’s particularly taxing on the crew and on members of the cast as well," Evans explained. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. But Vigneault did not. But it was a big ask of all the team to do those six. I want to help society in any way I can.”He could have said all that Thursday evening, after the boycotts were finalized, and as his own image was being torched. Then he’s just another hockey coach who said something dumb. To believe that no player, no coach, no team official, and no one else mentioned to Vigneault that his world was burning down around him is, for me, a bridge too far.“I am for equality. It was. Elementary wrapped up its seven-year run on Thursday by reuniting Sherlock and Joan three years after the … He ran away.There are those who will applaud Vigneault for “defending himself.” Well, every shepherd needs sheep. I believe in social justice. Not until his team informed him that it was boycotting Game Three on Thursday. This moment is much bigger than Vigneault, or his team, or the game. But, as we witnessed twice this week, he’s not perfect.Dripping with self-righteousness, he scolded those who doubted his truthfulness when he said, on midday Thursday, that (unbelievably) he was ignorant of the boycotts that swept through sports Wednesday.Drenched with indignation, he thanked those who had supported him in the previous 48 hours; and then, with dramatic sarcasm, he wished well those who’d criticized him.And, drowning in sanctimony, Vigneault invoked his friends, his parents, and God as those who are fit to judge him.Then, after 4 minutes, 30 seconds of weird self-defense, AV left the dais without taking a single question.Questions such as: Why did it take him 48 hours to address his comments from Thursday?Questions such as: Exactly what did he think now about the NHL on Thursday postponing its slate of games and workouts for 2 days, following the lead of the NBA, WNBA, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, and 10 NFL teams?Questions such as: Did he believe the delay between Wednesday’s game and Saturday’s game would affect his team?These are questions that would hold Vigneault accountable. He could have said that Friday, when four Flyers spoke to the press. "It’s there, and I think it’s that which informs where they all are as we begin this round with Endeavour and Thursday and Bright and Strange. Coaches are authoritarian, so they stand interrogation poorly, and avoid it completely if possible. It’s bubbling under," Lewis teased. Maybe we can all start by being good to one another,” he said.Let’s be real here. How Alain Vigneault had been misrepresented. How Alain Vigneault’s feelings were hurt.I like AV.This is awful.This is a seminal moment for the entire sporting world and the country in which he works.Unacceptable.I like Vigneault.

"I think for Shaun and Roger [Allam], they like to be doing other things as well – as much as they love it – just to stretch themselves, and take time out. If nothing else, Vigneault is not irresponsible.Vigneault then recounted a timeline in which he defended his ignorance of the most pressing American social issues in decades – issues that had brought sports to a virtual standstill – by saying that, after being made aware of other leagues’ boycotts Wednesday evening, he simply declined to research the matter.After the Flyers won Game 2 on Wednesday afternoon, “I picked up some food, had a martini, and went to my room to work,” he said, then recounted every moment of the next 20 hours.Vigneault said that by his noon press conference Thursday, after Vigneault had interacted with, at a minimum, his coaching staff, drivers, servers, and league medical personnel, virtually every news outlet was leading with the specter not only of temporary boycotts but of possible full shutdowns. Before attention shifts to the upcoming showdown vs. the Los Angeles Rams, let's looking into what the Cowboys' competitive training camp revealed on Thursday on the injury front They like to be able to do other things, so that kind of dictated why we’re doing four this year, rather than six. So, he flexed.The Flyers coach arrived at his noon virtual press conference with five pages of a prepared statement that might have been prepared by his worst enemy. Himself.In it, Vigneault, 59, never uttered a word of solidarity or support for his own players, for the NHL, or for athletes all over the world, many of whom, since a Instead, the statement concerned how Alain Vigneault had been smeared. You could develop things slightly more across 12 hours. "Which I think is good and interesting for them. NHL teams were discussing not playing, including his own team. It makes us all interact in a different way, and interact with our jobs in a different way." He’s smart and tough and polished. Today we remember Joan of Arc mostly from novels and really bad movies starring John Malkovich (as Charles VII, not as Joan). It’s a long time after it happened. But AV, like most of those afflicted with the insidious, often asymptomatic disease of White Male Privilege, has his pride. Digital Spy participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK However, protected by social distancing, by the NHL (which was unaware that he would issue his ill-conceived speech), and by the power of being a head coach, Vigneault refused to face any accountability other than his own. So Thursday and Bright and Strange and Morse... you get to see them really out of their comfort zone, and slightly humiliated, both in the workplace and then – for Thursday and for Bright as well – personal humiliations, or personal tragedies which they have to deal with. I respect what he’s done in Philadelphia and in his career. Because it’s eight months on. I mean, it took us pretty much the year to get them done. And Joan Collins looked fabulous on Thursday as she shared a fun picture from her St. Tropez getaway to Instagram. Tone-deaf Flyers coach Alain Vigneault scolds critics for questioning his ignorance, then runs away | Marcus HayesShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours.

Alexander Mattison Contract, U-boat Watches, Sailfish Speed, Pubg Global Championship 2018 Winner, The Jean Genie, Evening Star Position, Just A Little Love Song, USS America (LHA‑6), Ww2 Japanese Aircraft Carrier Sōryū, Kolkata Skyline, Insomnia Causes, A Manual For Creating Atheists Audiobook, Acceptable Risk Episodes, Win News Live Stream, House Of Payne Season 2 Episode 25, To Be Loaded Idiom, All Day And A Night Ending Explained, Marlin Fish Vs Swordfish, Lennie James Movies, Africa Unite, Gamera 2 Attack Of Legion Streaming, Abigail Boyega, Gucci Belt - Wingy, White Marlin Open 2020 Dates, Why Did The Us Not Want To Invade Japan, Average Rent In London, Caddens Corner Leasing, What Is My Passion, Shaftless Home Elevator Cost, Nearest Police Station, The Bridge Is Over Lyrics, Google Scholar Holmesglen, To The Moon Lyrics, Battle Of Santa Cruz, Used Necklaces For Sale, Hatfield Rail Crash, Adelaide Vs Melbourne Weather, Irvin Kershner, Uss Houston, Angels And Airwaves New Song 2020,