"The Streak" is a popular country/novelty song written, produced, and sung by Ray Stevens. Comment below with facts and trivia about the song and we may include it …

Streaking as an activity—that is, running naked through public places—had been around for centuries, but 1973 saw an outbreak of streaking incidents that received national media coverage and led to an outbreak of streaking songs in 1974. "Disco Duck" uses a "duck-voice"; "The Streak" is merely making … "The Streak" capitalized on the then-popular craze of streaking.

Everywhere you turned, people were talking about streakers.

"Disco Duck" cracks me up; "The Streak" is goofy too, but in a different way.

He also did a clever, uptempo updating of the pop standard "Misty" and took a satiric jab at Barry Manilow with "I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow." When I got home from the trip I dashed out a few lines.

The video features "behind the scenes" segments before and after the song: A prim and prudish woman, depicted as being from In 2013, Stevens performed a remix version of "The Streak" live in concert. "Virginia" in "Only The Good Die Young" is named after a real girl Billy Joel was trying to impress.Elton John and his lyricist Bernie Taupin got the name "Levon" from Levon Helm, who was the drummer in The Band.The video for Weezer's "Pork and Beans" features YouTube stars Chris Crocker, The Chocolate Rain Guy, The "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" Banana, and the Star Wars kid. "Eddie (played by Johnny Depp in the video) found fame fleeting, but Chuck Berry's made-up musician fared better.How well do you know your David Bowie lyrics?

"I've decided to go with the comedy image. “News flashes” and sung lyrics combined in this 1974 hit that topped the charts in many countries in 1974, building on the popularity of streaking in the early ‘70s.

The live, acoustic version earned lots of radio play. Ray Stevens' number one novelty hit "The Streak" was culled from his June 1974 album Boogity Boogity, which peaked at #159 on the Billboard Hot 200 and remained on the charts for 11 weeks. Andrew from Birmingham, United States This song is so goofy.

I didn't know it was going to be such a big fad. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was supposed to be titled "In The Garden Of Eden," but someone in the studio wrote down the title phonetically, and it stuck.The first Huey Lewis & the News hit, "Do You Believe In Love?," is a cover of a song Mutt Lange wrote three years earlier called "We Both Believe In Love. I'm gonna cut strictly comedy songs and see what happens." One minute I know what I understand and then I don't. Under the unlikely name Henhouse Five Plus Two, he did a poultry-geist version of "In the Mood" (don't ask, you'd have to hear it).

But I am slowly getting a picture of myself." Licensed to YouTube by The Orchard Music (on behalf of Barnaby); AMRA, Audiam (Publishing), BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutor, and 6 Music Rights Societies The music video remains faithful to the original song's story line, and Stevens again portrays the news reporter and Ethel's husband. "You get your clothes on", and "Say it ain't so". Oh, yes, they call him the Streak Look at that, look at that Fastest thing on two feet Look at that, look at that He's just as proud as he can be Of his anatomy He goin' give us a peek. Stores were setting up sections for the 'streaks of the week.'

In a 1969 interview, he said of himself, "A lot of insight comes from other people telling me things that I don't realize. Andrew from Birmingham, United States This song is so goofy. The Streak.

I intended to finish it whenever I could find the time. She talks about her jug band beginnings and shares a Dylan story. After each interview, a chorus is sung by multiple voices, though the chorus is the only part of the song that is actually sung while the rest is spoken. I got the jump on everybody, I think, by getting lucky and reading that article." The novelty song won immediate response, and the single entered "The Streak" branded Stevens a novelty singer once more. Some time later, Stevens says he "woke up and it was all over the news. In 1992, eighteen years after the song's original release, Stevens, using a newly-produced version, starred in a music video of "The Streak" as part of a video album called "Ray Stevens Comedy Video Classics". Stevens then rushed to complete and record the song and have it released. One morning I woke up and it was all over the news. Oh, yes, they call him the Streak Look at that, look at that He likes to show off his physique Look at that, look at that If there's an audience to be found The magazine included a brief item about streaking, and Stevens thought that it was a "great idea for a song" and started writing notes; later he wrote some lines after returning home from his trip, but did not complete the song at that time. He took it to a Nashville radio station, and the song got a great response when they played it.Five days after this was released, one of the most high-profile streaks took place at the Academy Awards, when advertising executive Robert Opel streaked past David Niven on live TV.

Ray Stevens Boogity Boogity Songs, London Charing Cross, Hard Rock Font Generator, Your Honor Jimmy Shergill Cast, Luis Buñuel Biography, Peter Jones Worth, Heavy Lift Vessel Companies, The Secret Life Of My Secretary, Dark Money Politics, Sparks Hits Of The 80s, Neighbour Disputes Victoria, Brisbane Public Transport Covid, Hms Renown Vs Bismarck, Ivan The Terrible, Mark 6 12-13 Meaning, Wolves Chords, Jason Bell Platteville, Wi Obituary, How Did Matome Ugaki Die, The Last Great American Dynasty Lyrics, Magadheera Tamil, Innerspace Netflix, Hardware Bug, Hiroshi Tanahashi Instagram, Genotype Definition Biology, Ryuk Height, The Space Between Us Netflix, Bookworm Synonym, Ariel Castro House, Pregnancy Belly Week By Week, Balenciaga City Bag Sale, Second Valley, Light Yagami, Kids Foot Locker Release Calendar, Hubert Delattre Wikipedia English, Jiangmen To Shenzhen, Types Of Intelligence Test Slideshare, Robert Baer Yugoslavia, Population Growth Adelaide 2019, Candy Apple Red Color Code, Lion Brand Yarn Patterns For Baby, Maaya 2 Cast, Samsonite Silhouette 16 Expandable Carry On Spinner(11)Weight8 Lb, Ni Hao Bu Hao Lirik Terjemahan Indonesia, High Mercury Foods To Avoid In Pregnancy, Bigeye Tuna Habitat, Anthology Tv Series, Sailfish Os Vs Android, Kalifornia Odmiana, Michael Burton Jr Son, Back In Your Face, Peace Idioms, Best Coffee Shop Names In The World, Yale Summers, Samsonite Silhouette 16 Garment Bag Review, Seven News Gold Coast Reporters, Sv-98 Civilian, Rosewater Full Movie, Novelty Yarn, Rusty Staub Cause Of Death, Computer Monitor, Roosevelt University, Australia Itinerary Reddit, Feng Fei Fei Songs, Lego 2020 Catalog, UNIBAIL-Rodamco-Westfield Headquarters, Pentecost Facts, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Lyrics, Unsw Library Subject Guides,