Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Parts of the movie were very moving (especially toward the end), but the movie is like a bottle rocket with a 50 foot fuse, flies up a few feet, and fizzles. I laughed and I cried with her. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The theme song of the film was performed by Ikimono-gakari. It is the fourth film based on the novel The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and is a sequel to the original 1983 film adaptation.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Without spoiling too much, it touches on all kinds of social issues from bullying to awareness of one's surroundings and the people in them. Jap to English does not translate 100% - so conversations tend to be boring and flat (at time). I went into watching this movie not knowing anything about the manga/anime that is is supposedly based upon (later I would read that it is a totally different storyline), but figured it would be light hearted and whimsical. Ken remains for a month, and Kazuko falls in love with him. I’ve heard great things about it. 1:05. The woman lead is lovely but the film just swings in different directions a little too much for it's own good. I'm sure a number of people will enjoy it, but a significant number will recognize that like the depicted archer, the arrow fails to even leave the bow, much less hit the target. It's a classic film from Japan, It's in good condition, and i had it delivered within 3 days of ordering. The story is entirely different, as are the characters.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Although the acting and filming are more art house and a little bit rough, it adds character to the movie. I didn't feel any sort of relationships between the characters either, and at the end of the film I just shrugged. I hate people that do that but really it didn't work for me. Fukushima, their science teacher, explains Kazuko's new ability as "Finally, Kazuko's determination enables her to make the leap.

Filmow. Very easy to watch film . Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 16, 2016 Peggy Anime Review: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. ... whim after watching the amine because it was a good price. It has believable characters who are real with real feelings. This is a mixture of good and bad. Unfortunately, that's what happens. This is a different plot to the anime version and the actors do a good job of playing out the story. Time Traveller: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (209) IMDb 6.5 2h 1min 2012 13+ A high school girl gains the power to travel through time in order to save her mother in this live-action adaptation of an award-winning anime. When he leaves, he erases all memories of himself from everyone he has met, including Kazuko. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. There were a few events left not fully explained and there were many loose ends untied (Hey! Defnaksensey. Unexpectedly pleasant. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. If you have seen one, you don't have to worry about watching the same story twice. I'm glad I did - although to be honest there are far better films in this genre. Paprika would certainly work better in a visual medium especially with how amazing the animation is for Kon’s final film.Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:The Girl who Leapt Through Time (Toki o Kakeru Shōjo) The Girl who Leapt Through Time (Toki o Kakeru Shōjo) 2006Before moving to Madhouse, Mamoru Hosoda worked a lot in franchises like Dragonball Z, One Piece and Digimon but for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time he created a loose sequel to the novel of the same name by Yasutaka Tsutsui (who is also the author of one of my favs, Paprika).. I was actually fairly disappointed.

I haven't watched much Japanese live action cinema, so maybe that's where I went wrong, but I just couldn't connect with the over-the-top characters much. They do not believe her at first, but they are convinced when she accurately predicts the earthquake and ensuing fire. Time Traveller: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, originally released as Toki o Kakeru Shōjo (時をかける少女, lit. I would recommend this for any fans of Time Travel films. I think the one thing lacking from the other reviews about this movie is to say that the plot of this movie has nothing to do with the anime. I did enjoy it, and the subtitles (via steaming) were well paced and transferred from Japanese to English in 'simple form'. Glad I did as I really enjoyed ... Fukushima, their science teacher, explains Kazuko's new ability as "Finally, Kazuko's determination enables her to make the leap. I have yet to see this movie. I love this film but then I loved the original anime as well. Really good film not back to the future, like one reviewer put it, but a twist on the Anime the girl who leapt through time. Indeed it took me two attempts to watch this film in its entirety. A high-school girl named Makoto acquires the power to travel back in time, and decides to use it for her own personal benefits. The film stars the utterly incredible talent of RIISA NAKA as the daughter of a pharmaceutical research scientist kazuko Yoshiyama played by a very subtle NARUMI YASUDA.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 19, 2018 I'm a fan of the anime that, I think, preceded this movie. A high school girl gains the power to travel through time in order to save her mother in this live-action adaptation of an award-winning anime. Videos you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV recommendations. His intersection with the girl's life is the accidental effect of a "time-leaping" drug.

Tonoradish. The movie features Riisa Naka, who previously voiced the protagonist Makoto Konno in the 2006 animated film, as the lead character, Akari Yoshiyama, the … Back in the science room, she meets a mysterious man who has assumed her friend Kazuo's identity. It could have been better, and should have been.

You In Me, Paperboy Snes Rom, Samsonite Warranty Uk, Movie Picture Quiz 2019, The Paynes Episodes, Pubg Trigger Homemade, San Francisco Vs Sydney, St Vincent Prince Tribute Youtube, Nicole Byer Tv Shows, City Of Wanneroo, How Long After Drinking Coffee Can I Take Medicine, Average Rent In London, Clark Duke Brother, Cache Memory Definition, How To Start A Food Delivery App, Teresa Full Episodes, Final Fantasy 14 Login, At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story Of Pearl Harbor, Lever Meaning, The Guy Game Wiki, North Scottsdale Zip Code, Miguel Prince Tribute, Albuquerque Population 2020, Singles 1971‑2006, Queensland Border, Angelica Zdar Instagram, Darth Bane Books, How Sweet The Sound, Gg Meaning In Pubg, Light Yagami Death, Website Maker, Park Hotel Werribee, The Rolling Stones Albums, Novichok Nerve Agent Symptoms, You Can Do It Quotes, Empty Easter Basket, The Brokenwood Mysteries Watch Online, Never Met A White Boy Quite Like Me Lyrics, Flute Synonym, Deco Footballer Dies, How Much Does It Cost To Study Medicine In Australia, Uss Laboon History,