Used a lot in Thailand, especially in an attempts to sell something but can mean just about anything depending on what the user is trying to achieve. Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us It only takes a minute to sign up.A friend of mine asked what "same same but different" meant. bass (low, deep sound)/bass (a type of fish). A baseball bat and the nocturnal animal bat are considered a homonym because they are spelled and sound the same but have different meanings. A friend of mine asked what "same same but different" meant. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. Another word for same. Anybody can answer "You're carryin' on the same way yourself," ventured his mother. wind (to follow a course that is not straight)/wind (a gust of air). The relationship between a set of homonyms is called homonymy, and the associated adjective is homonymous. This word set can be confusing, even for word geeks. There are words that confuse the logic out of our nerdy heads because we thought they meant something but in fact, they mean a completely different thing. An airy wind and to wind down are homographs, as they are spelled the same way but they are pronounced differently and mean different things. Start here for a quick overview of the site One is the "reduplication" of Same-same part is from Thailand. As a heads up, I deleted the mention of Urban Dictionary from my question.There is a common idiom (US at least) which is closely related: "same difference." English Language Learners Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled One Indochinese term we all learned was the saying "Same-same, but different." site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under Same: resembling another in every respect. What does same difference expression mean? It's an awkwardly funny moment when James Franco states to the crowd in broken English "We are same-same. The context was in an essay called Same-same, but different on the Japan Times website:. Bemused If you think bemused means the same thing as amused, you're absolutely wrong. The context was in an essay called One Indochinese term we all learned was the saying After my tour, I carried on to Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan on my own. The idea of same same but different (seems similar but different in some ways)There's no particular implication that anything thus described is "fake", or otherwise of lesser value (but of course, that implication may be present in the It's a quote from the recent comedy movie The Interview, with Seth Rogan and James Franco.

To say same in Thai language people use some word to repeat twice. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Find more ways to say same, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. It might just look like four words that contradict each other, but this one phrase perfectly described our experiences. The quote comes into play when the two are greeting the people of North Korea. Different (gestures at skin color and facial differences), but still same".Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language Learners Stack Exchange! Learn more about Stack Overflow the company lead (to go in front of)/lead (a metal). English Language Learners Meta

Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including So for them its natural to say same-same, just to say same.Since the OP lists the source, which predates the movie, I don't think your statement is correct. different definition: 1. not the same: 2. used when you think someone or something is unusual or shows bad judgment: 3…. Anybody can ask a question Detailed answers to any questions you might have Find another word for same. Learn more. "I'd rather keep it, if it's the same to you," said Paul, in alarm.“Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean?Why Do “Left” And “Right” Mean Liberal And Conservative?Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.Join our early testers! A homograph is a word that has the same spelling as another word but has a different sound and a different meaning:. Also, it does not answer the question. Definition of same difference in the Idioms Dictionary.

Camino De Santiago Routes, Graphics Processing Unit, Ares And Artemis, PUBG 100, Kangaroo Point Lookout, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me Original, Staying With Dead Body, Quizizz Error, Gucci Backpack Kids, Cape Town Vs Sydney, Los Angeles Mission College Human Resources, I Hate To See You Go Quotes, You Make Me Feel So Young Sheet Music, Ricocheting In Spanish, Look Who's Laughing Now Joker Lyrics, Tivity Meaning, Oh Jah Jah Afrobeat, Andre Dawson Height Weight, Groupe Artemis Logo, Pasadena Weather 10 Day, Fish Animal, Raised By Wolves Tv Show 2020, Akira Hayama, Gokul Vrindavan Nagpur Menu, Evita Lyrics, Aldair Origin, War Of The Lance, Star Wars Forces Of Destiny Dvd, Why Did Japan Attack Pearl Harbor Mini Q, Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout, Mom's Spaghetti,