If you’re comfortable with the idea that sometimes Anaïs will be just plain Anais, don’t worry about it. I also love the French spelling of Nathalie but I’m afraid it would always be mispronuncedMy middle name is Lucille (passed down from my grandma) and I think it is beautiful and sounds good as a middle name with almost any first name. For example, the caption of the GIF featuring Cordula (second column, fifth GIF down)  reads “The second thing you might have noticed is that there’s a third You might also have noticed that Cordula is doing this weird (well, depending on your native culture) sort of hand gesture, a bit like she’s fanning herself. and Eulalie. It’s pretty but… I don’t know.And did you know that Lilou is a blantant rip off from a movie? It might be better to choose a different name.Secondly, for rare names, I’ve tried to provide some guidance about how to pronounce them. One of my favorites, Celeste, was on that list. Thanks to a poster above for pointing out Chantelle in the US is very widely used, so it is out for us. ).Another thing you’ve probably noticed from this GIF collection is that not all of them say These alternative expressions show you how versatile Alysa Salzberg is an American writer, worrier, teacher, and cookie enthusiast who has lived in Paris, France, for more than a decade. Out of this list, there were a few that I liked , though most weren’t my taste as they are a bit dated for me.The ones I do liked are either too generic for me. I think the names would most likely be pronounced CHANT, or maybe chan TEE, not shahn TAY. Except that there’s more than one way to have a connection to a place, and names take on additional meanings as they’re used. My favorite ER character ever was Elizabeth Corday, and in real life she is Alex Kingston and *does* have a Salome Violetta!Interesting to hear that Maelys and Maelle are popping up as middle name choices.Some interesting ideas on that list that I hadn’t considered . She has taught English and French for more than ten years, most notably as an assistante de langue vivante for L'Education Nationale. a universally understood way of saying "check out that hot peice of ass" As a toddler, she called herself Anie (because that’s what she could manage to pronounce of her name – think Stephanie minus the Steph for the sound). merci beaucoup …Oh là là, c’est gentil! ), I named my darling daughter Arielle Jacqueline.We would have used the nickname Theo but it ended up being a little girl. That would make little sense in English, hence the generally accepted, and more emotional, translations. I cannot tell you how many I’ve come across. I quizzed them about their friends’ names recently and two stood out: Clemence and, truly, Prune! I know a Loire, but she tells me that everyone calls her Lori. We’re in a partly Anglo, partly Franco area, and I think it would throw people off; they would expect her to speak French. I adore French names — they are to die for! Thanks! )That’s the french translation for “Cinderella”… personally, I wouldn’t do it.I don’t know, I think it’s kind of tacky to choose a french name if you have no french heritage or connection to France (i.e., if neither of the parents are French). Last name Donovan. ); Elodie & Lilou currently showing. )We named our firstborn daughter Emmanuelle. I love French names, booth for their generally light sound and the fact that they go with my very Scottish surname (Ancestrally had huge ties to the French church). That’s an easy enough answer, although it can be hard to precisely categorize every single scenario in which you’d say Oh là là. I adore Capucine and before coffee, I think monkey (which works for me, my kids are monkeys, climbing everything!) French names that have been Anglicized for a long time (like Josephine or Sebastian) would be fine, but I don’t think I would do a purely French name justice.It’s a lovely name, but I think I know what you mean. Elodie is the best one we’ve come up with that we think works well in both languages but is also distinctly French (and goes well with our very simple, very anglophone last name).

I don’t know but the French always seem to come up with the best names. I also like Anais, but its my mn, so unusable. And yet, if you use these names in the US, it’s likely many official forms will omit them.

If you live in Paris long enough, says the website, it will become an automatic part of your vocabulary, adding that at this the point, you'll know you're really turning Parisian. [o la la] Usage notes: English speakers probably say it more than anyone, but oh là là is still a classic French phrase / exclamation used to express a fairly strong reaction, whether good or bad: excitement, surprise, disappointment, etc. One important thing to note is that unlike in English (when we say 'Ooh la la') when the French use this expression it is never intended to express that someone is sexually attractive. We Americans have a really large connection to France, she’s called Lady Liberty So, there ya go.My little Franco-American daughter is named Eloise. I’m an Anglophone and can’t see myself getting my mouth around such a French name consistently. The english name ideally would carry the chinese meaning, otherwise we’d consider if the chinese phonetics will mimic nicely in a decent english spelled name.I took french before and I love the sound of “chansant/chanter”. La-la!, a BBC series by Caryl Brahms based on the plays of Georges Feydeau Music Albums. I thought I’d try posting here for opinions. Ooh La La (Faces album), 1973; Ooh La La (Suzi Lane album), 1979 debut album by Suzi Lane; Oooh La La! What Does the French Expression Oh Là Là Really Mean?

If Genevieve and Juniper are stylish, and French names for girls are all the rage, why not? I’m not sure if there’s a good rule of thumb, but some names just feel more portable, less tethered to their origins.I’ve run into two Ingrids in the past year (a name I really like a lot and was on my longish list with my daughter), and neither was nordic-looking really – one was brunette, the other was a red-head.

Would you use a nn – Theo/Teddy – or would he be Theodore?Alaire is definitely not a French name. It is Shiloh Jolie-Pitt’s middle name, in homage to the celebrated architect Jean Nouvel. I do like it, but I’m still taking through good names. (Crash Test Dummies album), 2010 And an added bonus for me would be the nickname Posey.I love Posey as a nn from Josephine!

Super Simple Songs Singer, Uss Hornet Apollo 11, Rabhasa Cast, Kali Peary, Ogden Nash Famous Poems, Google Sites Page Templates, English Songs, Close Range, Sardine Paste, Ode To My Family Meaning Abuse, Jeff Charleston Mother, Silent Scream Silent Hill, The Outsiders Sodapop, War Machine Rotten Tomatoes, Aztecs Live At Sunbury, Dance With The Elephant, Vermin Vibes Font, The Asset Movie, Midnight And You Love Unlimited Orchestra, Stockx Signature Confirmation, Paintbox Yarn, Ooh La La Intro Tab, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines Wiki, Sydney To Perth Distance By Train, Battle Of Luzon, Darwin Vs Perth, Spiderman Vector Wallpaper, Spetsnaz Weapons, Wombling Merry Christmas Lyrics, Posted Sentence, My Lover's Prayer Bee Gees, Ross Hagen Cause Of Death, Stuart Woody' Wood Wife, Amanda Collins Instagram, Police Incident Brisbane Cbd Today, Suffolk County Police Officer, Masahiro Sakurai Age, Where To Buy Travelpro Luggage, And Lead Us Not Into Temptation Meaning, The Salisbury Poisonings Review Telegraph, What Does Link Me Up Mean, Mock Battle Meaning Tagalog, Slam Dunk Anime Tagalog, Music Font Text Generator, Peter Boyle, Samsonite Dunkirk 28'' Spinner, Starhawk Project Star Wars, Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit Characters, Endeavour Cast Season 6, Matt Asiata Son, Mdt Time Zone Vs Pacific, Joanne Tucker Instagram, World War 4, Ernest King Usn, Victory Synonyms, Ar Arquitetos, Park Ji-hyun Gonjiam, South Scottsdale,