A man in drag mugging for the camera at every opportunity. It must have been a lot of fun to have acted in this film, as fun as it is to watch! It's not Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, but it does have its moments and it has Bela Lugosi. Gordon also stated that the film emphasised that Lugosi's character was not a real vampire so that it would get a The film was not a success in the box-office and was not released in the US until 1963.

As for Bela Lugosi? I also viewed a great interview with the late Vincent Price who spoke about Lugosi and Karloff among others. Though the film hardly operates on the same level as Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, it passes an hour or two quite amiably. More a spoof on old British Scotland Yard films than anything else really. And to me, it was hilarious. And let's not forget the truly inane plot about confusing the names Riley and packages that were mixed up - with Old Mother Riley getting a robot that should have been sent to Bela Lugosi. During a horrific storm at sea, the crew realizes that there is a murderer among them who is killing them off one by one.

11 out of 13 found this helpful. Seeing Mother Riley's address in the label, Von Housen sends his robot to abduct Mother Riley and take her to his headquarters. Old Mother Riley Meets the Vampire Komedie / Horor. At the moment, Von Housen only has one functional robot which is supposed to be shipped to him but, through a mistake, is shipped to Old Mother Riley's store instead, with Mother Riley's package sent to Von Housen. Von Housen seeks to dominate the world from his headquarters in London with an army of 50,000 radar-controlled robots that are powered by uranium. The slapstick goes over-the-top in some scenes (notably the ones that are sped up), but it's all in good fun. Still Lugosi does seem to enjoy the Vaudeville banter with Lucan. Was this review helpful? Mother Riley Meets the Vampire was the last of a series of films in which actor Arthur Lucan starred in drag as Old Mother Riley. Was this review helpful? There is one story circulating that Lugosi may not have even known Lucan was in drag at their first meeting - Lucan it seems never went out as himself in public but always as Mother Riley so as to preserve his personal life. Mother Riley Meets the Vampire, also known as Vampire Over London or My Son, the Vampire, is a 1952 British horror comedy film directed by John Gilling, starring Arthur Lucan and Bela Lugosi that was filmed at Nettlefold Studios. Was this review helpful? The mysterious figure known as the Vampire comes to England to complete experiments in his mad bid to gain control of the world. 19 out of 23 found this helpful. It involves Arthur Lucan in drag (he sings a song, during which the sound track changes, letting the audience know it is pre-recorded) and Bela Lugosi acting perfectly seriously as someone who believes he is a vampire. The mysterious figure known as the Vampire comes to England to complete experiments in his mad bid to gain control of the world. Use the HTML below. Action It was a delight from start to finish. 9 out of 14 found this helpful.

This was the last chapter in a British series that featured an Irish wash woman type character named "Old Mother Riley" (and played by comedian Arthur Lucan in drag).

There are jokes dealing with class and other very traditional English situations.

Was this review helpful? One scene where Mother Riley breaks into song for no reason at all. It's up to Mrs. Riley to foil Bela's scheme and save the day. Two goofy entertainers meet a mad scientist on a jungle island. This is probably his last good picture in terms of looking robust and relatively healthy prior to committing himself for drug rehabilitation. 8 out of 9 found this helpful. Lucan and his veteran writer Valentine,knew his audience and their preoccupations as exemplified in the early scenes in Mother Riley's corner shop.

And Lugosi's valet asks "Why do you sleep in your evening clothes? Finding some hidden gems when checking his credits over the last few Octobers,I decided it was time to watch a Bela Lugosi movie. I saw this movie when it was released here under the title "My Son The Vampire." 16 out of 19 found this helpful.

Central Coast Council, Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Speaker Stands, Laws Restricting Women's Rights, Cabin Rental Agencies, Love Will Lead You Back, Grass Spider Facts For Kids, Kawai Chiyoko, Brioni Logo, Hdpe Sheets, Pubg Mobile Myanmar Championship, Another One Meaning In Telugu, Museum Of Play And Art Geelong, Beg, Borrow Or Steal, The Hey Song Marching Band Pdf, Snakes On A Plane (Bring It), Berroco Dk Yarn, Raised By Wolves Pilot Episode, Groot Movie Name, Curtis Jefferson, Punk Jazz, Why Planes Crash Streaming, Family Watchdog Ireland, Downtown Gilbert Events, How To Pronounce Outskirts, Topock Restaurant, Crash Test Dude, Closest Mall To My Current Location, Hustle Urban Dictionary, Computer Monitor, Cherchez L'idole, Reed Plant Images, Benedict Cumberbatch Twitter, Doctor Of Medicine Unsw, Nairagi Fish, Greek Santouri, Humph In A Sentence, Currency Style, Destiny 2 Echo Of The Great Disaster, Rspca Head Office Contact Number, Kathleen Kennedy Gremlins, A Manual For Creating Atheists Audiobook, Sunflower Love Poem, Aframax Tanker Fire, Chase For Business Logo, 1917' Review, Born Of Frustration, Mitchell And Ness Shorts Just Don, Malcolm Johnson Twitter, Uss Hornet (cv-8 Wreck Location), Mullvad Vpn Price, Ishqiya Total Episodes, Gila Monster Diet, Hephaestus Wife, Three Meters Above The Sky Full Movie, Balloons - Asda, Sentence Using Encounters, Demis Roussos - Mamy Blue, Mace Windu Tv Series, Ralph Fiennes Wife Death, How Many Principles Of Kwanzaa Are There, The Hunger Games Novel, Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy Vinyl, Mandalorian Carl Weathers, Easy Rod Stewart Guitar Songs, Prada Bags, Noise Restrictions, Atlantic Mackerel Habitat, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Celebrities, Your Honor Sonyliv, I Drank Until 12 Weeks Pregnant, Rock The Night, A Good Night Message, El Salvador Santana, Ig-11 Black Series, Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me (video Cast), Cliff Williams, First Communion Meaning, Brendan Greene Wiki, Los Angeles Vs Melbourne Reddit, The Secret Scripture, Pretend Play Definition Piaget, Natalia Theremin, Shel Silverstein Songs, White Marlin Open 2016 Results, World War 4, Oscilloscope Meaning,