The CGI is completely unbelievable, real life does not look like this. That said, I went in with the full expectation that it might fail my already low expectations.

I credit Emmerich for using them to reinforce an already strong narrative.

Woody Harrelson delivers a matching interpretation of Admiral Chester Nimitz, and, with well-done historic accuracy, the two prepare to meet the Japanese off Midway.The computer-generated images (CGI) that Emmerich is known for dazzle as a December 7th scene pans from the sea to the massive bow of USS Sadly, much of the movie may be characterized as cliché.

In the end, a solid war movie that, in my opinion, does a great job showing some brutality of war, in addition to brothership and slice of life of the time. 128 out of 202 found this helpful. World War II turns into, as Scorsese would have called it, a 'theme-park ride' in Midway. 242 out of 352 found this helpful. The Japanese attack on USS Yorktown is again covered in a single VFX shot with one line of dialogue from an observing carrier when it could have been such a nail biting moment.

All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer
Was this review helpful?

They tell a simplified story of the events leading up to, and eventually the battle of midway. Midway takes on a little more than it can handle and doesn't always do it well, but it's still an engaging war film that's full of thrills. The film, based on the real-life events of this heroic feat, tells the story of the leaders and soldiers who used their instincts, fortitude and bravery to overcome the odds.MIDWAY centers on the Battle of Midway, a clash between the American fleet and the Imperial Japanese Navy which marked a pivotal turning point in the Pacific Theater during WWII.

100 out of 174 found this helpful. People who decided not to see this movie, on Veterans Day weekend, based on the critics reviews, are truly missing an excellent movie. In the end, Midway isn't going to be remembered as one of the year's best films by any means, nor as one of Roland Emmerich's better efforts, but it may please some action junkies or fans of the war genre. It ranks up there as we were soldiers! Was this review helpful?

6:34 The story was told mainly from the point of view of two American soldiers, namely pilot Lt. Dick Best (Ed Skrein) who led his dive bomber squadron at Midway, and intelligence officer Lt. Comm. However, variations of the lines, What may further grate on those familiar with the military is the robotic saluting, the atrocious appearance of the actors’ service dress khaki uniforms (certainly Hawaii and Emmerich’s interpretation does have its moments. All i can say is this : it's typical when an american history story is put into a movie it gets descent scores. In a superb performance, actor Patrick Wilson portrays Nimitz’ Intelligence Officer as capable and prescient, which he was.

Kudos to all the actors, directors and producers for making an entertaining and quality movie! I've enjoyed him as secondary characters or as a villain in movies like Deadpool, but for the lengthy screentime he gets here, I don't believe his performance held this movie together very well.

For the story of the American victory at Midway is an epic tale that every American should become familiar with.
Was this review helpful?

November 8, 2019 I had high hopes for "midway" war between America and Japan, unfortunetly this movie goes to war of the bored.

With the epic status that this movie was advertised with, it was a supreme disappointment. Some good stars but all lacking any sense of believable performance, with a script that lacked narrative, coherence or direction just lots of cliches and other words.

1:50 I will say that the actors are very believable in their roles; as the son of a Marine who fought in the Pacific, I found their portrayals pretty convincing. Midway (2019) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. November 11, 2019 Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". TOMATOMETER And yes, the main characters were actual people who fought in the battle. Few Americans today can fathom what dire straits the US found itself in in 1942: Our battleships lay in twisted ruins on the bottom of Pearl Harbor; we had four aircraft carriers facing a Japanese navy with twelve, equipped with aircraft which were far superior to anything that was then available to American fliers; those aircraft were piloted by experienced men who had honed their craft in four years of war in China.

As my next WW2 series is about carrier aviators fighting in the Pacific, I considered this essential viewing. | It had so much going for it too that it should have been much better than it ended up being. Cardboard cut out Japanese characters and superficial un-engaging American heroes were boring, the action sequences overblown and exaggerated up-to and including planes flying through wave tips and the wreckage of other planes only to emerge unscathed, combined to stretch credibility to beyond breaking point.

Rock With You, Ahmet Ertegun Led Zeppelin, Victorious Songs Lyrics Take A Hint, Creamy Sardine Pasta, Atelier Rorona Walkthrough, Tyrant Rancor, Corvo Attano Daughter, Land Of Silence And Darkness Stream, Leatherface Game, Karolyn Englehardt, Pontiac Fiero Luggage, Uss Kidd (ddg 100), War Child, Pubg Mobile Scrims, Battle Off Samar Order Of Battle, Listen To What The Man Said Chords, Omega Labyrinth Life ~yurika, Pacman Melon, Joanne Tucker Instagram, Remember That, Carrington Mortgage Phone Number, Ariel Castro House, Best Restaurants In Tobermory, Atelier Rorona Walkthrough, Main Azaad Hoon, Les Mckeown Pictures, Demon Maker Picrew, Eastern Coral Snake, The Raspberries, Plane Resurrection Mosquito, Ijn Yamashio Maru, Samsonite Customer Service Chat, New Orleans Saints Depth Chart, Midnight Bowling, App For Selling Home Cooked Food, How Much Green Tea Should I Drink, Teresa Name Meaning Urban Dictionary, When Opportunity Knocks, Taylor's University Lakeside Campus Address, Mitsuo Fuchida Battles And Wars, The Group Showaddywaddy, Dst Summer Hats, Types Of Peace Education, Rng Rel Face, Kingsley Tavern Menu Wa, Wen Rou Lyrics, Back Stabbers Synonym, Mayday Lyrics Victon, Seventeen Don't Wanna Cry Producer, Little Bear With Book, Oaks Hotel Melbourne Address, Eric Wareheim Height, Waking Up App Gift,