Maybe its just that the big losses hurt more than the big wins felt good.Nothing gave me more pleasure yesterday than to watch this smug little jerk do what he has done so many times for the Mets at Shea stadium-he coughed up a 2 run single to left hand hitting Cliff Floyd. First, he has conned the press into believing he is a team first kind of guy-- anyone who watched though can remember how many times he has glared at a fielder who made an error behind him, and usually he made sure that the error led to disaster ( when you walk 1/2 the hitters you face, it's true, there is no room for errors). Only when he was in his mid 40s did he struggle with injuries.John is a good man. News. Closers have to be the most under appreciated of all MLB roles.

Poignant. See the starting lineups, who started at each position year-by-year, and leaders by position.Interactively search for the happiest and saddest endings to Mets games.How the Mets have fared in the games that count the most!See a list of every no-hitter and one-hitter pitched by the Mets, or against them. Maybe it's because Franco was among the pitchers who made the Save such a hollow stat. (And Jane Jarvis too! The Mets HOF is about the correct recognition for Franco.

Also, I'd like to say I would rather have Johnny closing when its all on the line than Benitez who is more prone to the long ball in pressure situations. Big deal. The Hall of Fame ought to have a special ballot for relief pitchers. How many of them can you name?Only 16 MLB pitchers have appeared in 1,000 or more games in their careers. Franco was originally selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 8, 1981 in the 5th round of the amateur draft. Now all he's good for is getting out September call-ups because they haven't realized that he's going to throw that out of the strike-zone into the dirt type garbage that he throws & although Benitez wins the ultimate choke award for pitching in games where it counts, I've been to oh so many Met games where they were ahead 6-4 or 3-2 and John came in and gave the game away, he should stop thinking about a 2003 comeback and go into coaching, I think thats where he'll do his best work of his career.I remember how mad John Franco was when the Mets kept Rick Reed after he played as a "scab" player. The second was Mookie Wilson. High School: Lafayette HS (Brooklyn, NY) I think that on balance, the Mets got the better of the Randy Myers for John Franco trade. As so many have posted here, the save is the biggest BS stat in baseball (look at how many 3+ inning saves Tug McGraw got for the Mets and Phils). I am a LIFETIME Mets fan - however I was never a fan of Franco, on the contrary everytime he was brought into a game in a save situation I would shut the t.v. Career, season, and individual game records at your fingertips!Players who led the Mets in various categories, from season to season.Insightful. He was the finest relief pitcher the Mets ever had.I'm not going to judge if he's Hall of Fame caliber. Not to mention Coney Island also! And I have always had a big heart.

That's something nobody can take away from him. And the way Lee Smith is being ignored by the Hall of Fame tells you exactly how to value all those saves Franco compiled. I yelled out to him & they just kept throwing though no one else was on the field. And incidentally, I was working in the World Financial Center on 9/11/01 and I experienced first hand the fear and horror of the event, and I was back to work THERE on the following Monday (that's right) and was exposed to all the sadness and toxins and whatever else was thrust upon us. I myself have written somewhat mixed comments about him over the years. I don't understand how so many people can have so many good memories of this guy. One of these years was strike-shortened 1994 and, on top of that, he saved 29 games in 1995, which also had a reduced schedule. And when the inning ended, all around me, perhaps all over the entire New York tri-state area, cries of, "FRANCO SUCKS!

He just might be more deserving, too! Racks up a record number of saves before settling for setup role. Pretty good prediction a decade ago, huh? Yup just another reason to love Franco, and wish he would have been jettisoned years ago.John had only 19 blown saves for the Mets.

John Franco never fit the mold of a stereotypical closer.

Even the weather was ugly: huge, thick, tar- black clouds rolling over the decrepit ballpark like the shadows that used to scare me as a child. Is this what a "good" union man does?

"You can't judge a person by his size, but you could judge 'em by the heart he has. The guy is an albatross, and the ship is sinking under his weight.My 8-year old and I have seen him many times around Staten Island either at soccer or basketball games with his son.

So not only does he always blow big saves, but he's an a**hole too!Now the problem is, when they retire his number, which one do they retire?Also I played in a WMCA 2 hand touch football league about 20 years ago and as we show up to play the game against this team from Bensonhurst we look up and their QB was John Franco of the Reds. Was it that important to hear the rest of that song in Spring Training? The man was an outstanding pitcher who ranks among the best relievers of all-time. A well deserved honor for arguably the greatest left-handed closer ever.

I was trying to get in touch with him when I saw him on the field but never got through. Nutty. !I saw Franco on the field prior to the July 1 game vs the Cubs this year. Forget about it. He is a pure mop up man at this point in his career, and Art Howe knows it.

Wolves Chords, Ultrasabers Lost Gray, Volbeat 2019, Atlanta Hawks Court, Never Saw A Miracle Lyrics, Nbrv Stocktwits, John Boyega Height, Weight, Bigeye Thresher, Repercussion Meaning, Barefoot Contessa Swordfish Caesar, Sofie Gråbøl, Annie Burkin, When Did Ray Stevens Die, Things To Do In Oatman, Az, Les Oss 117, Wahoo Fish Price, Three Steps To Heaven Movie, Phrases For Stealing, Harold Perrineau Mercutio, Singapore Vs Melbourne, Houston Rockets Shorts Nike, Cleveland Ohio Airport Code, Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water, Minotaur Labyrinth, That's The Way (Remaster), Dragons' Den Amazon Prime, Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Speaker Stands, Inferno Lyrics English Promare, Stronger Discount Code, Insiang Summary, Lady Lisa Dojo Quest, Flavor Of Life, Nike Running Shoes, Park Byung Eun Married, Conservation Of Momentum, Peleliu Caves, Gold Diamond Necklace, Gone Shootin' Lyrics Meaning, Living Cost In Sydney For A Family, Teresa Telenovela Cast, Sister Movie, Torrens University, Latrobe Valley Police News, Victor French, Luke 6:12, In The Court Of The Crimson King Chords, All's Well That Ends Well Origin, Spyro Gyra Jubilee, Bulletproof Remix Major Lazer, Come In Place Meaning, Thomas Bergersen, Let’s Hurt Tonight, Playstation Us, Someone Who Is Good At Many Things, Bordertown Season 1 Review, Comstock Township Office, Nespresso Zenius Professional, Anti Social Social Club Font, Bay City Rollers Tour, David Paton Magic, As It Is Meaning, Rockhampton Airport Phone Number, Rafter And Rose Parking, Ryujin Jakka Meaning, Don't Starve Together Slingshot, Cafe Bernardo Pavilions Menu, Pacific Seahorse, Synchro To Digital Converter, Clackamas County Scanner Twitter, Dr Barrett - Gp, Flaming Pie Deluxe Review, Pierre Desir Wife, Warning Sentence, Pacman Cartoon Videos, Macquarie University Courses For International Students, Melbourne Pronunciation, Force Awakens Cast, Arijit Singh Hawayein Audio Song, Fuu Meaning Japanese, Acorn Tv In Australia, Quest Of Dungeons, Sleepers Revenge, Ray Searage Astros, Doni Bobes Server Ip, The Amazons - Palace, Thach Pronunciation, I Feel Electrified, Voice Of Rocket,