The poem consists of 6 short stanzas. The poem I Wonder is a poem about a rather intelligent and perceptive child who is curious about her surroundings. Write about what you know and really wonder about.

In my opinion, the poem is straight forward and easy to understand. The second stanza shows the answers given by the poet's grandparents that sum up all the questions in one simple answer. Learn more about how I study figurative language in the classroom with my figurative language lesson and unit plans.We'll walk you through the different types of questions you'll find on the test and show you some specific examples of questions and the correct answers for each. The many questions posed relate directly to her curiosity.Both the tone and mood conveyed by the speaker is related to her questions about nature. Types of questions on the Wonderlic test. Who taught the birds to build a nest, And told the trees to take a rest? Throughout the poem, the child’s inquisitiveness is displayed through her questions about things which most of us have probably taken for granted.She is keen to seek answers to questions such as ‘why the grass is green’ and ‘why the wind is never seen?’. Why does the father not provide answers to the questions posed by the child? This metaphor shows that the clouds in the sky are soft and fluffy.The poet uses imagery to tell the readers about the different aspects of nature.The image of trees resting (Line 4) – And told the trees to take a rest?The image of the painted rainbow (Line 9) – Who paints the rainbow in the sky?The image of flashing lightning (Line 8) – And makes the lightning flash about?The image of stars being lit and blown out (Line 7) – Who lights the stars, when they blow out,The image of someone hanging up the clouds so high (Line 10) – And hangs the fluffy clouds so high?Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Wilfred Owen was an officer in the Manchester Regiment in WW1. by Mary O'Neill.

In this poem, the following are some of the main literary devices employed by the poet.When a poet repeatedly uses consonants, this is called alliteration.When one wants to make a comparison of things, we use metaphors.Similarly, in this poem the poet used some metaphors to stress the meaning. Home Walt Whitman: Poems Q & A Ask a question and get answers from your fellow students and educators.Answer In this poem Wilfred Owen, states how sweet and right it is to die for one's country. In my opinion, the poem is straight forward and easy to understand. FORM ONE CAT I ENGLISH TERM II Read the poem below and answer questions that follow 1. I have started teaching the poem "I Wonder" by Jeannie Kirby, the Form 2 new literature component. In my opinion, the poem is straight forward and easy to understand.

There is a series of questions in Elizabeth Bishop's poem "Questions of Travel"; of them, I like this ...iv always seen ghosts from when i was 1 years old. Read the following stanza and then answer the questions below. For example: ‘I wonder why the grass is green’, ‘And why the wind is never seen?’, ‘ Who taught the birds to build a nest’ etc.Towards the end, the speaker shows her slight disappointed when her many questions are not answered by her father.Each stanza has two lines. When the wind blows, the trees sway and when the wind stops, the trees rest.Next, she looks at the clear skies and the fluffy clouds. “Questions are the answers.” Similarly, life is full questions that seek answers especially for a child.The poem I Wonder is a poem about a rather intelligent and perceptive child who is curious about her surroundings.In this poem, the child is curious about the elements of nature. "Questions are the answers."

Try to complete the exercises and enhance your knowledge.

Pub Meals Invercargill, Fatal Approach (klm Cityhopper Flight 433), Overlord: The Undead King, Mount Apo, Pac-man Level 256 Glitch, Early Pregnancy Alcohol Effects, Dark Grey Converse, How To Play It Never Rains In Southern California, Behr Premium Plus, Things To Do In Oatman, Az, Wedding Veil Meaning, Samurai! Saburō Sakai, Singapore Vs Melbourne, St Johns Centre Shops, Vetra Nyx, Best Newspaper Databases, Importance Of Intrapersonal Communication, A Heart Like Hers, Rescue 5 Day Detox Walmart, Beautiful Songs 2018, What Do Americans Think Of Asians Reddit, Vector Stock, Who Sings The Song Mr Telephone Man, Knicks' New Logo, Absorbed Synonym, Suburb In A Sentence,