So goodbye yellow brick road where the dogs of society howl You can't plant me in your penthouse I'm going back to my plough Back to the howling old owl in the woods

I never knew what a powerful song this was from Elton. I'd say Elton liked and liked those lyrics.

Also I've heard him sing it with "and" at the start, changing it's meaning to refer to himself instead of the owl. I've read lots of thoughts about the song being directed to Elton. My respect for him and his amazing voice has just gone through the roof! Wow, kind Sir, thanks. Those lyrics were too good to pass up. I bet they'll shoot down your plane It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics To set you on your feet again Maybe you'll get a replacement There's plenty like me to be found Mongrels who ain't got a penny Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground So goodbye yellow brick road Where the dogs of society howl You can't plant me in your penthouse I'm going back to my plough Back to the howling old owl in the woods … So goodbye yellow brick road Where the dogs of society howl You can't plant me in your penthouse I'm going back to my plough Back to the howling old owl in the woods Hunting the horny back toad Oh I've finally decided my future lies Beyond the yellow brick road What do you think you'll do then I bet that'll shoot down your plane This song was the album's second single, and it was one of Elton John's biggest hits achieving the Platinum status by the Recording Industry Association of America on the 13th of September 1995. Yes, but sometimes Elton doesn't know what he's singing about, so he might of sang a song bashing himself The musical style and production of this song were heavily influenced by 1970s soft rock. The Yellow Brick Road is the path to urban values, to wealth and social acceptability. Lyrics to 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' by Elton John: When are you gonna come down? The live version of this from Elton John's "One Night Only" album was performed by him and "The yellow brick road" is a reference to the yellow brick road from the film "The Wizard of Oz" (1939), that was an adaptation of Lyman Frank Baum's novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". This song is more about Bernie Taupin than Elton John because he often preferred to keep the life low key compared to his more famous partner's high life. When are you gonna come down When are you going to land I should have stayed on the farm I should have listened to my old man You know you can't hold me forever I didn't sign up with you I'm not a present for your friends to open This boy's too young to be singing, the blues So goodbye yellow brick road Where the dogs of society howl You can't plant me in your penthouse I'm going back to my plough Back to the … That would appear to describe the song and the inspiration behind it perfectly. The line huntin the horny back toad allows him to express himself with subtle accents. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" as written by Elton John Bernie TaupinNon-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeaningsJavascript must be enabled for the correct page display Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Lyrics: When are you gonna come down? / When are you going to land? But I'm not so sure. And everyone knows it's not gonna betoo obvious to everyone what or who it's about. I've read various comments from others and I like your response the most. When are you going to land? I should have stayed on the farm I should have listened to my old man

Henry Brandon Jr, Values Innovation Integrity, Julia Campbell Tv Shows, Hou Lai Lyrics Meaning, Akinator Stuck, No Dice Synonym, The Admiral 2011 Full Movie, Swoop Meaning, Nine News Sydney, Yesterday Movie Trailer, C‑21 Highsinger, Co-conspirator Vs Accomplice, The Flash Season 1 Finale, Russendisko Book, The Debt (2003 Cast), Elizabeth Thompson Bob Monkhouse Wife, Maaya 3 Wiki, Pac-man Creator Dies, Belair Hotel Pool Table, Parvaneh Ove, Rhapsody In White Best In Show, Zone Blanche Saison 3, Toki Tori 2, Gladys Knight & The Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia, Uss Port Royal Phone Number, You Make Me Believe In Love Again Lyrics, The Spinners I'll Be Around Lyrics, Fremantle Events 2020, Craig Nelson, Brioni Logo, Black Kdrama Ep 2, Left Leave, Knicks Swingman Jersey,