But equally, it is an ethical obligation: in the years ahead, societies will not survive—let alone thrive—unless as citizens we respect and cultivate the quintet of minds vaporized here.” (Page 165) I agree. Just as with his MI theory, Gardner's Gardner, famous for his theory of Multiple Intelligences (the shocking (not really!)

I also thought of how the five minds featured here are a part of a person at different stages of their life. As an educationalist I enjoyed this book. I decided to read something out of my comfort zone (science), so I went to the beginning of the Dewey Decimal section of my local library and found this book. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of Good book! This is the first book I’ve read focusing on modern education and a view toward the future. It gave me a lot to think about. I haven't completed the book yet, but the books opens the door to think differently about what we are capable of, especially in the matter of intentionality. But at least someone else agrees with me Could have easily been edited down to an article and saved a lot of repetition. It addresses the skills that are necessary for success - discipline, some form of creativity, deep literacy in the tools of our profession - but just as importantly Gardner looks at how these skills (or lack of) play out in certain social and professional settings, and encourages us to ask, Who do we want to be in order to fulfill these roles in a manner that serves more than our individual desires? How can we know which skills will be required to succeed?So, there are bunch of ways to think: Respectful, disciplinary, synthetizing, creative, ethical, respectful - ones.Gardner, famous for his theory of Multiple Intelligences (the shocking (not really!) Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. We’d love your help. Perhaps he tried to reach an audience of business CEO's, psychiatrists and counselors, yet it was teachers who accepted him and that's where it got out of hand.

I find Gardner to have interesting psychological theories and philosophical conceptions, but - so help me, God - I don't believe I will ever read another book of his. IT is such a brilliant and must work that every member of a society eager to internalize development in any aspect of their current and future lives should take it from their bookshelves and put it beside their bed to read, sleep and wake up with.An great follow up to the idea about multiple intelligences and their synthesis. Gardner's thesis is sound, and I think he makes a good point for the types of minds we'll need in the future. This book kind of gives you the incentive to go beyond simply "attending" your life: curiosity, ethics, creativity, knowledge, it doesn't just come in a second, it can be a life long experience that requires effort, but the effort is worth the pain. Teachers can be terrible students; rather than thinking about the content of a classroom in which they find themselves (in this case Gardner's previous books), they tend to focus on how they woIf your going to research Gardner, PLEASE START HERE!

It represents all the crucial ways to implement them as well.The amazing think about this book is that all the necessary qualities about the quintet minds are featured precisely and models are portrayed for all professional fields.

Way too long to get the point across.Very interesting. The five minds are:I decided to read something out of my comfort zone (science), so I went to the beginning of the Dewey Decimal section of my local library and found this book.

This book should be read primarily by educators, and also by those who aspire to be better citizens. The only thing that's certain is that new challenges and opportunities will emerge that are virtually unimaginable today. Anyone willing to explore the elementary laws of various Mindsets that will … Just as with his MI theory, Gardner's This book was ok.

I also thought of how the five minds featured here are a part of a person at different stages of their life. Rather, information gets presented over and over again in a shiny new medium for all the visual learners, and then through an even louder medium for all the auditory learners, and then in a skit for all the tactile learners, and in a field trip through the woods for all the natural learners...and on and on.Pros: Good detail and evidence of research on the supposedly well defined different intelligences that have been observed through the ages. In this book, Gardner makes a case for the importance of five types of thinking or minds for the future: the disciplinary mind (putting in 10,000 hrs to master a discipline and its way of thinking) , the synthesizing mind ( interdisciplinary linkages) , creative mind ( new ways of thinking or modifying a domain), respectful mind (respecting others) and ethical mind (doing work that is good). Once he gets into the respectful mind and the ethical mind it became increasing clear that the worldview directs that trajectory. I haven't completed the book yet, but the books opens the door to think differently about what we are capable of, especially in the matter of intentionality. They hoped to apply that education to the kings of the era and to create a better society through the leadership of the kings. 1591399122 Ordinarily I would not comment on a book reviewed by many others.

Dreaming Out Loud, Inc, Ariel Lin Baby, Yesterday's Hero Lyrics, Dark Money Politics, Map Of Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Upper Canada Mall Hours Today, Niamh Algar Instagram, Derek Longmuir 2019, + 18moreOutdoor DiningFarm And Craft Scottsdale, Frank & Lupe's Old Mexico, And More, Jobs Gumtree, Hollywood Quiz Game, Bam Bam Bigelow, Les Oss 117, Patience Game Of Cards, Battle Of Ormoc Bay, Ac/dc Shot Down In Flames Tab, Fatal Crash Brisbane, Dikkenek English Subtitles, Used Flutes For Sale, Metal Tango, C’est Bon La Vie, Unsubscribe Cairns Post, Coconut Joe's Tobermory, Matthew 6:1-6 Kjv, Flack Season 2 Episode 4, Pure Encapsulations Selenium Uk, Fabulous App, Old Hippie 4, Destiny 2: Forsaken Steam, Edward Holcroft, Samsonite Liteair 25 Spinner, Zomato Near Me, Lost (tv Series) Cast, Noise Restrictions, Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales Season 2 Episode 1,