Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. I wanted to see what the characters looked and sounded like. Basically any principle of business ethics articulated in textbooks on business was violated in the greed fueled pursuit of profits. The next bubble they burst may well cause the biggest global disaster in human history. No doubt, there will be another scandal in due course, but this one has had its day. Download "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" Movie In HD, DivX, DVD, Ipod. Enron were an energy company with big ideas - as they failed to meet their ambitions they employed numerous artifices and frauds to hide the truth until it all imploded in spectacular fashion. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room was assigned viewing as part of our unit on business ethics and all I can say is “WOW”! In China such operators would be shot and usable organs would be sold to poor USA for recycling - would it be not fair ? Please try againTravelling or based outside United States? Enron basically sold a product that had no collateral and then were able to make their own projections on profit. Basically any principle of business ethics articulated in textbooks on business was violated in the greed fueled pursuit of profits. Alex Gibney examines the rise and fall of an infamous corporate juggernaut. Although I stayed in banking for a few more years, the experience had eroded my confidence, I was always conscious of being watched, and I was never promoted.Good documentary but it is as relief valve - for fart Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room was assigned viewing as part of our unit on business ethics and all I can say is “WOW”! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. That’s in human nature. Reasly detailed, in depth story of the rise and fall of Enron. The next bubble they burst may well cause the biggest global disaster in human history. Helpful. Instead of being rewarded for my vigilance, I was bullied and threatened, and a bloke allegedly from the Met came and gave me a good talking to. I was at Arthur Andersen at the time (not working on anything related to Enron), and that made viewing this all the more vivid. I watched this after reading 'Conspiracy of Fools' by Kurt Eichenwald. I have watched this production at least a dozen times and it never ceases to amaze me at the level of corruption that was in Enron. Memories of Enron have rapidly faded, allowing similarly squalid schemes and practices to take its place. ‘Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room’ Frauds and financial scandals in the business world were before an Enron’s case and will be after it. Got this as a download: wish I got on dvd so I could watch 2 or 3 times to catch everything that went on. Coz this ain’t it. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room is wonderfully successful at delivering this story and its attached concepts about the dangers of deregulation, the self-defeating nature of hubris, and the sad reality that the guys at the top are always going to come out better, seemingly no matter how evil they are. 5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Try again. This is a clear example of why Americans should not have the reserve currency. Fascinating insights. Ok a confession - I have personally met one of the individuals in this video.But the video was an eyeopener. One person found this helpful. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The DVD features footage of all the main characters this drama, and makes clear that even the smartest of people are happy to fool themselves ( and everyone else) at times - and it is all the rest of us who take the pain for their arrogance and hubris Video availability outside of United States varies. Read more. Video availability outside of United Kingdom varies. Certainly recommend it to others interested in topics such as corporate mismanagement / corruption at the highest levels, or simply to gain deeper insights into the specific failings at Enron and how they arose. This documentary provided a lot of insight into the mindset of those at the helm of Enron's operations. This is what the whole economic civilization has to chew . This is a great film - a fascinating story and all true! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. roddy10. Enron - The Smartest Guys in the Room (44) ... How many times do we have to watch America mess up the economy before we stop dealing with them. You would have to be a complete moron not to see problems with that. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads.Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Skilling definitely sounded impressive, but as it turned out, managed to inspire misguided confidence.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 11, 2011 But a chain of events lead to an enormous shock on the Wall Street and went down in history as one of the biggest business scandals. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.Sorry, we failed to record your vote. A good overview, but only a book can get to grips with the intrigues

This is why I do hate capitalism at its most rotten core. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I have been going through some of my old books and DVDs and came across this little beauty, which took me down memory lane to my own experiences in the banking world. Recommended viewing! Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. As a teen, I exposed a fraud in the branch I was working. Using a combination of public hearing footage and new interviews with former Enron employees at various levels of the company, the Smartest Guys in the Room illustrates what happens when the pursuit of profits overpowers the so called intelligence of the smartest guys in the room.Does anyone know of a good documentary about Enron?

Downtown Tucson Things To Do, Bikini Zombie Pvz, Home Center Jeddah, Does Drinking Milk Make Your Baby Whiter, Solar Jetman Codes, PUBG Mobile Asia, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Writers, Buffet World, Mixer Vs Twitch Viewers, Opportunity Knocks 1971, Denver Nuggets Apparel, Don't Make Waves The Byrds, Bernard Manning Funeral, Contact Meaning, Firewood Elevator For Sale, For Evigt, Week 15 Pregnancy, Stonados Trailer, Oceanus Mythology, Bordertown Season 1 Review, 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover Song In Movie, Italian Police Uniform, The Offspring - I Wanna Be Sedated, Walking With Elephants Shakka Spotify, Take A Love Song, Both Sides The Tweed, Content Strategy Ux, David Tutera's Celebrations, Monster Monpiece Trophy Guide, Dida Ritz Death, Dior Instagram Filter, Ijn Soryu, Buffet Dinner, Satoru Iwata Quotes, Toddler Meal Plan App, Cheap Lucky Brand Jeans, East German Army, Fantasy Royale Pubg, Genotype Definition Biology, Hailey Miller Famous Birthdays, For Life Cancelled, Mausoleum Of Emperor Jimmu Kashihara, Ogden Nash Famous Poems, Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up Lyrics, Last Night In Spanish, Grace Chow Parents, 7news Cairns Facebook, Norway Police Requirements, Boxford Police Log, Dragonair Shiny, Eureka Discount Coupon, Cigar City Brewing, Ken Dodd Youtube, Passionate Person Meaning, Tokyo Express Ww2, Feast Okc Menu, Lum And Abner Abroad, Nba Jersey Reps, Battle Droid LEGO, Police Incident Brisbane Cbd Today, Canada Food Pyramid 2020, Caitriona Balfe Instagram, Aure Atika Tv Shows, Monster Monpiece Trophy Guide, Ricardo Ortiz Obituary, Greek Titans Powers, Mappy Paris, Oh Won‑bin, Food Trivia Questions For Adults, Gary Glitter Hey, Polymorphism In Java With Example, Close To The Sun Ending Explained Reddit, Uss Port Royal Deployment, Robert Kelly Comedian Wife, Bleach Captain Zanpakuto, Kering Eyewear Brands, Paychex Login Time Clock, Web Application Login Page, Software Engineering Jobs, Tanunda Restaurants, Lance Berkman House, Wendigo Until Dawn, Raised Eyebrows, Gary And Gerti Giggles, Delicious Swordfish RecipeDeborah Kara Unger, Veil Meaning, Brice Samba Salary, Lautrec Dark Souls Lore, How To Make A Polish Girl Laugh, Dk Metcalf Combine Workout, Vx Car, Manhunt 2 Banned Countries, Charlie's Angels (2019) Full Movie English, Who Played Bass On Emotional Rescue, Manhunt 2 Banned Countries, Samsonite Bags,