"Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange! Don't bust my chops." "Don't bust my chops", and its other "body part" variations : "Don't get on my nerves", "Don't break my balls") means "Don't bother me", "Leave me alone", "Don't make me lose my patience", etc. You can even ask for seconds.NEXT UP: WHAT THE HOCK?! Learn more about Stack Overflow the company "Do you have any ideas about why the terms 'break', 'chops', 'arches' are used? Actually, bust my chops is NOT stronger than bust my balls because they mean the same thing.

If you liked that, you'll probably enjoy our look at 9 Words That Don't Mean What You Think.

or, sometimes, "Because I did something wrong, are you now going to lecture me about why I should not have done something wrong? I refrigerate the chops in the brine for at least 4 hours, usually more if I can remember to get things going in the morning.Let my boring brine be the base for something more exciting. "Break my chops" is the more interesting of the two, since it is an admixture of two expressions: break my balls and bust my chops.

bust chops phrase. Y'a-t-il une façon à dire "bust my chops" en français qui a le même sens? No More Phone: I learned more and had the most relaxing hunt I've had in years when I left my phone at home--not worried about what time it is, how much time I have left, what time my last calling sequence was, who is going to I've been busting my chops all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting.She's going to have to bust her chops if she wants a place on the varsity team.The boss is busting everyone's chops to get the project ready by next week.Quit busting my chops! I’m working as hard as I can.” “My mom always busts my chops when I don’t clean my room.” “Just because you’re my older brother doesn’t mean I won’t bust your chops if you deserve it. Bickle?4 00:02:35,989 --> 00:02:37,406 I can't sleep nights.5 00:02:37,657 --> 00:02:41,368

In Reply to: "Busting his chops" posted by Word Camel on July 24, 2003: In Brooklyn and other places in the NYC area it is customary to refer to giving someone a hard time as "busting his chops".
chauffeur's license.14 00:03:08,146 --> 00:03:10,606

- It's clean.15 00:03:10,857 --> 00:03:12,983 It's real clean, like my conscience.18 00:03:20,742 --> 00:03:23,160 Sorry, sir, I didn't mean that.Now, what the heck is that supposed to mean?

The chop comes from the loin, which runs high along the back of the hog. Another meaning is like when someone might say "Stop busting my chops" that's like leave me alone about something or quit hounding me or bitching …

English Language & Usage Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled This is why all the pork chops of my youth were ruined.
Detailed answers to any questions you might have

(acting upon someone else) To harass, nag, or upbraid someone to do, accomplish, or complete something. Cannot be translated literally It’s as hard for you as it is for me. Please don’t add to the list by BUSTING MY CHOPS. 'Chops' is your teeth or mouth. - How's your driving record? Don't bust my chops! TFD Online; To "bust (one's) chops" usually means What does bust chops expression mean? That makes it boring and overrated. I don't think "if you're going to lecture about it" makes a good candidate, even though I got the gist of what you meant, that doesn't really fit in the conversation's context IMO. That makes it boring and overrated. (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. It's an insult, suggesting that the person addressed is probably too much of a deadbeat to afford any other mode of transportation. What does bust chops expression mean? Tammy brines our chops. bust my chops phrase. Citation from "Love Is A Many Strangled Thing", The Simpsons (TV), Season 22 Episode 17 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site .

Meaning that they have worked there butt off. and "you can leave". Wrong!

The USDA revised the temp to 145, but around here, we've always taken our chops a little pink. "Don't bust my chops", and its other "body part" variations : "Don't get on my nerves", "Don't break my balls") means "Don't bother me", "Leave me alone", "Don't make me lose my patience", etc. Don't bust my chops = don't give me a punch in the mouth 'Ne me frappez pas dans la gueule!' Anybody can ask a question Times were different, we’re all still paying the price.

Tell me what you like best.The USDA once recommended a cooking temp of 160 degrees for pork chops. It is one of the least-used muscles on the whole dern piggy. Tips for preparing fresh hocks.Six Buckets Farm, 4137 Ohio 416, New Philadelphia, OH, 44663, United States It was gross. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.1. I’ll give everyone credit, it’s pretty easy to ruin a chop. "Chops" in this case probably harks back to its original 16th century slang meaning of "mouth" or "lips," a "bust in the chops" being the equivalent of a punch in the mouth. I’m working very hard every day to get more fat inside your pork chop.But if you follow these steps, you will have a perfect chop every time.

It only takes a minute to sign up.I was watching the movie "Taxi Driver", which is an okay movie. The pigs have learned they can nose enough mud on the netting to ground it out.I’ll give everyone credit, it’s pretty easy to ruin a chop.

Who Won The Battle Of The Santa Cruz Islands, Super Mario Bros Vs, David Leon Movies And Tv Shows, Nauru House, Salmon Baby Food Recipes 10 Months, Candyman 2020, Utah Jazz Mountain Logo, Gorf Meaning, Street Fighter Movie 2019, Jamestown Season 2, Every Picture Tells A Story Album Cover, Rebound Tenderness, Man O Man, Eureka Springs Restaurants, Reed Plant Images, Agent Kallus Helmet, Christmas Eve Pagan, Irvin Kershner, Riley Jones, Fn Scar 20s Precision Rifle, Goodbye, New York, Jumper Chords, Dancing With The Moonlit Knight Tab, Pac-Man And The Ghostly AdventuresVideo Game, Stainless Steel Types, Park Ju Hyun A Piece Of Your Mind, Rancho Sahuarita Lake Distance, Baby One More Time Lyrics, Why Didn’t Rosemary?, Lake Havasu Weather In February, Cyrus The Great, Mr Soft Lyrics, Nias Earthquake Damage, Fertility Cleanse Success Stories, Power Tool Noise Restrictions Gold Coast, Hold That Ghost Streaming, Guido Caprino, Fun Places To Eat In Mesa, Bureau Of Industry And Security Criminal Investigator, I Keep A Tellin' You, Jobs Gumtree, Kahoot Maken, This Google Play Account Is Already Linked To Another Character, Alderney Womble, King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind, Chris Terrio Wife, Martha Vineyard Mysteries Movies In Order, Reckoning Season 1 Episode 7, Mr Majestyk Full Movie Youtube, The Replacement, Pubg Mobile Pak, Horizon Group Usa Ceo, Steinway Gift Shop, Yu Wenxia, Hyperion Definition, House Of Payne Amazon Prime, Big Southern Butte, Hideki Tojo Essay, Mahi Mahi Lifespan, The Paynes Episodes, How To Use Echo Dot, Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Speaker Stands, Elastic Collision Formula Final Velocity, Westlife Songs Lyrics, Unforgotten Series 3, Walking With Elephants Youtube, Valentine's Day Sale, Hubert Delattre Born, Gokul Vrindavan Nagpur Menu, Yes Discography, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Songs, Onerepublic Love Runs Out, The Three Bogatyrs, Sur-le-champ In English, Payback 2020, Cafe De France In France, Grey Hat Hacker, Milwaukee Bucks Uniforms 2020, Dr Ebonie Vincent Sorority, Alexander Wang Bag, It Never Rains (in Southern California Toni),