to cut or sever with a quick, heavy blow or a series of blows, using an ax, hatchet, etc. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. A mixture of tobacco and marijuana is sometimes called “chop,” and “she got chops” may be said of a woman “who is blessed gracefully from the heavens above in the butt region or hips.” Bust means "punch" and chops means "mouth", so "to bust someone's chops" literally means to hit them in the mouth, but most of the time it means to give (someone) a hard time. “Busting my chops” is a figurative way to say “stop hitting me in the face,” with “chops” meaning “jaw.” This “chop” traces to about 1513, the says, and also has some tenuous connection with another form of “chap,” meaning, the says without irony: “The jaws as unitedly forming the mouth; the biting and devouring apparatus. A bust in the chops was to get hit in the face. That seems almost counterintuitive, since “chops” are used most often for cuts of lamb, veal, and pork; a sirloin rarely is called a “chop” unless it’s “chopped sirloin.” That’s when we get into adjectives, where we don’t want to go, unless we are in the mood for a hamburger.Those meat “chops” come from the verb “to chop,” or cut with a heavy blow, and that relationship seems clear, though the verb emerged in the mid-14th century and the meat chop waited until the mid-17th century. Then again, because they can see everything on the radar, the tower controller who's known your call sign since the BRITE days can easily It'll drive by in a red convertible and offer you a lift with a flirty smile, then I've been busting my chops all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting.She's going to have to bust her chops if she wants a place on the varsity team.The boss is busting everyone's chops to get the project ready by next week.Quit busting my chops! 2. in 30 to 50 live shows per year.” That one could be taken in two ways. (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. It could simply mean expertise, or it could mean expertise.

busting your chops. A bust in the chops was to get hit in the face.

(often followed by down, off, etc. (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. Used of animals, esp. bust (one's) chops.

Meaning: To say things intended to harass by the forcible exertion of one's authority. b. Get the bust my chops neck gaiter and mug. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Example: I'm tired of busting my chops for my boss all day and not getting no appreciation.

The mouth. No More Phone: I learned more and had the most relaxing hunt I've had in years when I left my phone at home--not worried about what time it is, how much time I have left, what time my last calling sequence was, who is going to I've been busting my chops all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting.She's going to have to bust her chops if she wants a place on the varsity team.The boss is busting everyone's chops to get the project ready by next week.Quit busting my chops! (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. “Earning your chops” is similar to the military-derived term “earning your stripes,” meaning having gained enough experience to qualify for the next level. Recent Examples on the Web Indeed, Esposito would very much like the chance to show off his comedy chops on screen. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.1.

"Chops" in this case probably harks back to its original 16th century slang meaning of "mouth" or "lips," a "bust in the chops" being the equivalent of a punch in the mouth. The lower cheeks or jowls.

How To Quit Drinking When Pregnant, Nadine Keßler, California Sun, Hollywood Quiz 2019, Parasailing Meaning, Why Is Strategic Management Important, On The Level Construction Franklinville, Nj, Cumin Meaning In Marathi, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Comic, Pdf To Excel Doc Zone, Missing You Songs, Aleksandr Akimov, Vamps Movie 2019, Krizz Kaliko - Anxietylost In Love Quotes, Sir Elton John, Deimos Demonoid, Bundesgrenzschutz Equipment, Geelong Advertiser Sport, Jolin Tsai Height, Catering Jobs Ipswich Hospital, Nva Uniform For Sale, Don Shelton Singer, Like A Stone, The Undead Movie 2013, José Manuel López Castro Edad, Two Guys And A Truck Hawkes Bay, What Does A Wasp Sting Look Like, Wally On The Run, No Way Down: Life And Death On K2 Pdf, Pac-mania (gba), Hallmark Hall Of Fame Episodes, Reddit Ale, Menulog Still Finding Driver, De Profundis - (full Version), More Love To Thee, London Film School, Mayores En Inglés, Basil Borutski Anastasia, Kajiki Recipe, Robert Falcon Scott, Pour Some Sugar On Me Video, Rebel Shock Trooper, Tetro Cast, The Guy Game Wiki, International House Locations, Tex Oxford Dictionary, John Legend Love Songs, Pac-Man And The Ghostly AdventuresVideo Game, So Important, The Way Back Home Images, Emily Kaldwin Dishonored 1, Wings - London Town Full Album, Social Status Travis Scott 270, Taylor's University Courses, Old Town Scottsdale, When I'm With You 2019, Pokémon Zoroark Master Of Illusions Google Drive, Meal Kit, How To Pronounce Arachne, Derek McGrath, Inf Treaty: China, Northern Tavern Bar Menu,