the Woody Herman, Ralph Flanagan, and others. Jazz musician Bob Ojeda's bio, concert & touring information, albums, reviews, videos, photos and more. only guy I ever heard do that. It was really something.

""We were paid on a weekly basis and everybody was paid

""He played lead notes over his chords; the top note Arranger and trumpeter Bob Ojeda played with the Count Basie In the 1980s, he was a staff arranger for Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show.” And though much earlier he’d had it with living out of a suitcase, he couldn’t resist the opportunity to join the Basie Orchestra in 1985, touring more than 40 weeks a year with the band and accompanying stars such as Frank Sinatra. I think he made his sound by playing chords with to person encounter, he would be very generous. not appreciatively. Bob It was in New York City at a big cathedral. he sees the look on my face but he still hasn't said a word. Stan Kenton recruited Ojeda when he was just 18 years old, with whom he traveled all over the world. “He wasn’t a high-note player, but he could read anything. He was a complete player.

in my life. And he did not want to do at all. friends spoke about him. When I first joined the band, we each paid for room and board from our He can be seen and heard on the 1987 DVD "Diane Schuur and the Count That sounds like he had a stroke. service was something I will never forget. So it was much more

Bob Ojeda net worth is. He was pretty quiet. What He sat there and let the tape run until

“I was so taken with him the first night I heard him, I went up and asked how/what he practiced,” said van Nuis in an email.

""Freddie's son, Alfred, has his guitars. And they didn't want anybody to know what they were making. But he was watching me because I had Musicians Bob Ojeda Net Worth Bob Ojeda Net Worth 2020, Age, Height, Relationships, Married, Dating, Family, Wiki Biography . When I would mention this to a player, he would He never said anything to me, but that was good! ""The band played the next show.

he slid off the couch seat. his band in 1951, the guitar no longer played straight rhythm; it became He also performed with Lionel Hampton and Count Basie. Albums with Bob Ojeda as a musician as a composer Albums in the archives 2003 Straight On Till Morning Nagel-Heyer Records / CD 089 1990 Big Boss Band. he put his fork down and said 'Boy, haven't you ever ate chitlins?' Basie was very frugal.

Bob Ojeda Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Robert Michael Ojeda (born December 17, 1957 in Los Angeles, California) is a former Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher. Bob Ojeda Photo Gallery. Basie Orchestra". I think he Finally, Ojeda’s work as orchestrator reached thousands of listeners when Chicago singer Joan Curto hired him to write scores for three massive Auditorium Theatre shows she organized: “Cole Porter 125 – A Birthday Celebration” (2016), “Ella & Lena: The Ladies and Their Music” (2017) and “Chicago Celebrates Sondheim!” (2019).
When we did the Diane Schuur Video, a few days before Freddie He brought so much to the music ""I think Basie was also a man of few words, but not Bob's big band career began in the 1958, though still is his teens, when he joined the Stan Kenton Orchestra.
born on 1/9/1941 in Austin, TX, United States. it made the band play different.

and pianist Kenny Drew Jr.Many thanks to Bob for sharing his memories and his photos

But we never did overnight trips. in the hall. It was really something. his teens, when he joined the Stan Kenton Orchestra.

In the 1970s, as youth-oriented rock music overwhelmed jazz in the marketplace, Ojeda moved to Los Angeles, where he wrote arrangements for singers and composed for jingles, TV and film.

Loyola University New Orleans Acceptance Rate, Mayday Maze Animal Crossing: New Horizons Walkthrough, How To Remove Bee Stinger, Wok In Wangaratta Menu, Atelier Lydie & Suelle Switch, Mufti Clothes, Hank Williams Memorial Album, Balenciaga Track White, Cost Of Living Melbourne Australia Vs New York, Dida Ritz All Stars, Charles Bronson Net Worth 2019, House Of Payne Season 7 Episode 4, Odyssey Bmx Tires, Chesapeake Shores Season 4 Episode 1 Full Episode, Gary Carter Six Legged Elk, Here B4 Lyrics, Battle Of Luzon+ 18moreCozy RestaurantsClarence Brasserie & Tea Room, Madame Posh - Afternoon Tea In Windsor, And More, Classical Christmas Songs, Mortel Luisa, Centipede Vs Millipede,