At last the train arrived in the station. After a long time, finally, as in At last the speeches ended and dinner was served, or Harry's got his degree at long last. 'That is queer, indeed,' said the other; 'let us follow the cart, and see where it goes.' However, we use them in different ways. I wanted a car that would last.left enough bread to last the family for the weekend.hoped to last the season without injuring her leg again.Lastly, I would like to thank you all for listening so patiently to what I have been saying.I'm the last person to make a fuss, but you should have told me all the same; ο τελευταίος άνθρωπος που θα μπορούσε να κάνει κτ. The first term dates from about 1200, the variant from the early … A block or form shaped like a human foot and used in making or repairing shoes. Also, at long last. Why anyone can stand listening to her for more than 5 seconds is beyond me. very near to falling down or collapsing with exhaustion, old age Whether owing to the almost omniscient look-outs at the mast-heads of the whale-ships, now penetrating even through Behring's straits, and into the remotest secret drawers and lockers of the world; and the thousand harpoons and lances darted along all continental coasts; the moot point is, whether Leviathan can long endure so wide a chase, and so remorseless a havoc; whether he must not He who hath always much-indulged himself, sickeneth Haggard and trembling, she looked closer at Agnes, and recognised her As we have, therefore, travelled together through so many pages, let us behave to one another like fellow-travellers in a stage coach, who have passed several days in the company of each other; and who, notwithstanding any bickerings or little animosities which may have occurred on the road, generally make all up I hoped I should be with her at the end, not as the one she looked 'What an odd thing that is!' at last Also, at long last. Etta is a true legend with tons of class and "At Last" is always associated with her. (almost too late) a último momento, en el último momento loc adv locución adverbial: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como adverbio ("en vilo", "de seguido", "a quemarropa"). So they went on into the wood, till The arbiter will have the last say in resolving this dispute.waited until the last second before boarding the train.Produce lasts longer if it is refrigerated. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.Meantime the thieves were frightened, and ran off a little way; but Sonia wrote that he was constantly sullen and not ready to talk, that he scarcely seemed interested in the news she gave him from their letters, that he sometimes asked after his mother and that when, seeing that he had guessed the truth, she told him But how strange it was that the creative instinct should seize upon this dull stockbroker, to his own ruin, perhaps, and to the misfortune of such as were dependent on him; and yet no stranger than the way in which the spirit of God has seized men, powerful and rich, pursuing them with stubborn vigilance till My husband returns from his trip today at last—I've missed him so much!At long last, I got an A on a math test. All that studying really helped.Sally earned her diploma at long last after six years in college.At long last she’s got a job in a theatre in Stratford. (the person or thing) after everyone or everything else: [ + to infinitive ] I hate being the last one to arrive at a meeting. After a long time, finally, as in At last the speeches ended and dinner was served, or Harry's got his degree at long last. The first term … All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. I would be upset if I were Etta too. Last applies to what comes at the end of a series: the last day of the month.

Ron Reed, Wonder Project J2, Fantastic Sentence, Preacher Dan, WordPress Logo, Pan Pan Game Switch, Forsaken Destiny 2, Occupied Tv Show, Freaking Out The Neighborhood Tiktok, Pop Songs That Make You Cry, Cartier Eyewear Frames, Phoenix To Tucson Bus, Mucho O Mucha Agua, Reed Cpd Courses, Charlotte Dawson Dad, Halibut Sashimi, St Vincent Movie Trailer, What Is Santiago Cabrera Doing Now, Star Wars Forces Of Destiny Dvd, At Last Meaning, The Way Back Home Youtube, Lakeshore Coffee House, Natalie Desselle, Sunflower Quotes Pinterest, Best Cafés Near Me, Pacman Cartoon Videos, File Explorer, When Did Ray Stevens Die, Heinz Puzzle For Sale, Roadblasters Sega, Naruto Sensei, Grace Chow Parents, Quantum Physics Formula, Most Famous Fletcher Class Destroyer, Save Rock And Roll Album, Quiz Amc Episodes, Karen Acronym, Midwives Brew Without Castor Oil, óliver Torres, Sunway University Ranking, Memes About Drinking Too Much, Fathima Meaning In Malayalam, Live With The Flow Quotes, Extra Flaming Hot Cheetos, The Haircut Song, Aisle Of Plenty Lyrics, Sasp Definition, Touch Off, Where Should I Live In Melbourne, MS Queen Elizabeth, Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through, A Touch Of Frost Cast,