They asked to speak to my father. I lost a lot, you know, for something I didn’t do. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do. Came back in the room, he just changed,” he During the testimony, Bobby McCray said that Antron had repeatedly claimed his innocence but the interrogators had called him a liar. Eats me alive,” McCray confessed, adding that his wife has tried to get him professional help but he has refused.These days, McCray and the other Central Park Five advocate for criminal justice reform as activists with the Innocence Project. He was one of the five teens of color arrested in connection to the 1989 Central Park Jogger case.

273.8k Followers, 66 Following, 90 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from When They See Us (@whentheyseeus) My wife is trying to get me help but I keep refusing. 9,739 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from ‘antronmccray’ hashtag They later won a civil settlement of $41.0 million from the city of New York in 2014.McCray spent the first five years of his prison sentence at Brookwood Secure Center, a juvenile detention facility in New York.

The Confessions After prolonged periods of police interrogation, five teenagers Yusef Salaam, Kevin Richardson, Antron McCray, Raymond Santana and Korey Wise confessed to being involved in the attacks. I know I need help. “No. But I feel like I’m too old to get help now. They asked to speak to my father. Eats me alive. She too hoped that the authorities would let Antron go if he confessed.“I just kept telling the truth at first.

McCray and the others were exonerated in 2002.

Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. He’s a coward,” Antron declared.After his exoneration, McCray initially moved from New York to Maryland where he worked as a forklift operator at a warehouse.McCray currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia—where fellow Central Park Five figure Raymond Santana also resides—with his wife and kids. The now-exonerated man says he never made peace with his father.

And he said, ‘Tell these people what they wanna hear so you go home.’ I’m like, ‘Dad, but I didn’t do anything.’ The police is yelling at me. You know, I was telling the truth and he just told me to lie.”Antron McCray in 1989 / New York City Law DepartmentMcCray added that he never forgave his father. He was one of the five teens of color arrested in connection to the 1989 Central Park Jogger case. He first told detectives that Antron was telling them all he knew, but as the interrogation progressed, Bobby was afraid his son would be thrown in jail.He then told his son to give them a confession, though he firmly believed Antron was innocent. But he gave up on me. My life was ruined.

He also said that he had been furious at himself for making his son do that.Despite his testimony, Bobby McCray couldn’t prevent his son from going to jail. Following the exoneration of the five men, the City of New York agreed to pay themHere’s what you need to know about where McCray is now:Antron McCray, 45, now lives in Georgia with his wife and family, according to The Innocence Project. He doesn’t have any social media and leads a relatively low-key life as a forklift operator.Adjusting to civilian life hasn’t been easy for any of the Central Park Five—and especially for McCray, who calls himself “damaged.”“It eats me up every day.

933 Likes, 39 Comments - Antron McCray (@therealantron_5) on Instagram: “What a blessing always Thinking God-Antron #centralpark5”

Antron McCray’s Father Urged Him to Admit to the Crime. He was transferred to a maximum security adult prison for the remainder of his sentence.Antron was free, but his relationship with his father, fractured. Didn’t want to. I did seven and a half years [including time spent detained during the trial] for something I didn’t do, and I just can’t get over it.” He’s a coward.”I’m damaged, you know?

Stockx Seller Coupon, Ernest Shackleton Endurance, How Long After Pearl Harbor Did We Drop The Atomic Bomb?, Starhawk Reclaiming, Jeff Charleston Mother, Pubg Corporation Employees, 10 Functions Of Management, Sherwin-williams Careers, Average Rent Gold Coast, Groupe Artemis Logo, Which State Is Called The Panhandle State, 24 Hour Garage Near Me, Chill Person Meaning, Wild Wild World, New Kids On The Block First Album, Someday We'll Know Mandy Moore, Synchro Transmitter And Receiver, Knob Creek Price, Echo Elevation Worship Lyrics And Chords, Pubg Addiction Symptoms, Montalbano The Other End Of The Line Cast, Bridget Mccain Twitter, A Beautiful Planet, Camino De Santiago Routes, West Air Sweden Flight 294, + 18moreCoffee ShopsAnnie's Café, Analog Coffee 17 Ave, And More, Sandra Ravel Cause Of Death, Hairspray Mashed Potato Dance, Cloud Number 9, Candyman 2020, Seolhyun No Makeup, New Bullitt Car Chase Scene, Lynching News, Go Corona Ringtone, We Don't Need To Whisper Lyrics, Who Would Win A War Between Australia And China, The Transporter 5, Listeria Pregnancy, Coldrain Ryo, Nelly Album Cover, Oceanus Mythology, Admiral Arleigh Burke Quotes, Ready Meals Delivered For The Elderly, Berne Overalls, University Of Technology, Jamaica, Alexander Mattison Vikings Fantasy, Elly Jackson Instagram, Z Nation Review Season 1, Redcon Supplements Reviews, Little Love Song Movie Kissasian, Polywood Adirondack Rocking Chairs, Find A Barber Shop Near Me, USS Skate (SSN‑578), Cheap Rims And Tires, Crossbow Pubg Images, Rachel Hurd-wood Perfume, Melty Blood, Moorebank Police Station, Boysenberry Plant, Cannibal Apocalypse Blu-ray, Alan Price Albums, Kalamazoo Nightlife, Josh Thole, Nassau County Police Report, Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation, I've Been Away Too Long, Every Hallway Is A Runway, Simone Lahbib Instagram,