Movies, Documentary.

5 out of 5 stars. During 1972-1975, Leon was at his pinnacle.

Although I watched the whole of A Poem is a Naked Person, I have no recollection of of that phrase being uttered.Which is unexpected, considering it's an oddly specific phrase. Blank's camera lets us into the world of Russell and his fellow artists around his recording studio in Oklahoma, capturing intimate, off-the-cuff moments and combining them with mesmerizing scenes of live performance. Blank’s camera lets us into the world of Russell and his friends and fellow artists in and around his recording studio in northeast Oklahoma, capturing intimate, off-the-cuff moments and combining them with mesmerizing scenes of Russell and his band performing live. This singular film about an artist and his community never got an official theatrical release and has attained legendary status. There were many points I felt could have been left out and I could see why Leon was reluctant to release it.

I have been a huge Leon Russell fan for over forty years, so I preordered this DVD to get it today on the release date.

Blank’s camera lets us into the world of Russell and his friends and fellow artists in and around his recording studio in northeast Oklahoma, capturing intimate, off-the-cuff moments and combining them with mesmerizing scenes of Russell and his band performing live.

The footage of Leon Russell was great and fun to see

The music and interview with the caretakers were enjoyable. This is the best way to look back at a time in his life 40 years ago and get a feel for the times and the artist.

Leon just passed from us here in Nashville 13 Nov 2016. A Poem is a Naked Person is a great tribute to life, death, and most of all, the pleasures of the human experience. I understand the filmmaker was sometimes drunk or wasted and it shows.

Which makes it mostly a total waste of time and money.

Blank's camera lets us into the world of Russell and his fellow artists around his recording studio in Oklahoma, capturing intimate, off-the-cuff moments and combining them with mesmerizing scenes of live performance. I wish Leon had edited the film himself then I would be ok with showing it to my children and sharing it with my friends. An ineffable mix of unbridled joy and vérité realism, A Poem Is a Naked Person presents the beloved singer-songwriter and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Leon Russell as filmed by documentarian Les Blank between 1972 and 1974. Just don't expect anybody who isn't a fan to watch it with you The keyword here is "unexpected".

Parents strongly cautioned.

Dated footage but very interesting if you like Origin stories. I wish they’d make movie of Leon’s life starting when he left Tulsa at age 17 to chase his dream in LA. 5 out of 5 stars. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

I did find myself really enjoying remembering my youth through the clothing and general atmosphere in the film. A free-associative trip through the …

Time Out says.

Please try againTravelling or based outside United States? Things were just like that back then!". The segments between the footage of Leon Russell and his music did not add to the production. I am an admirer of his songs since I first saw him in the documentary film Woodstock in 1970 at Belcourt Theatre. I only managed to watch half the movie, I disliked it intently, and I only saw minor snatches, consisting of five minutes at the most at one time, of one concert of Leon Russell. A Poem is a Naked Person perfectly captures a particular time not just in America, but in American music, to the point that it feels like a road show rehearsal for Nashville. Buy $14.99 There is also wonderful footage of George Jones & Willie Nelson back in their early days. I really enjoyed seeing him and his entourage during this glimpse in time.

If you are a fan, you will like it. A mix of unbridled joy and vérité realism, A Poem Is a Naked Person presents the beloved singer-songwriter Leon Russell as filmed by documentarian Les Blank between 1972 and 1974.

I have every recording I could ever find and have loved all the changes from Leon to Hank Wilson and The New Grass Revival.

Les Blank has captured some great, now priceless footage of Leon back in the early 70s during his prime, both on and offstage. If not, it may not be so pleasing to you. He’s from my hometown Tulsa and I met him in 1975 so I’m probably biased. However, I can see why Leon did not release the "film". He will be missed. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Rent $3.99 Recommended. The Master of Space and Time was truly a genius yet so humble and generous.

A mix of unbridled joy and vérité realism, A Poem Is a Naked Person presents the beloved singer-songwriter Leon Russell as filmed by documentarian Les Blank between 1972 and 1974.

This film " A Poem is a Naked Person " I know is a line from a Dylan song and I read it has taken 40 years to finally be released.

This movie should be rated NC-17.

Now, after more than forty years, it can finally be seen and heard in all its rough beauty.Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down a Dream Les Blank's bizarre film also contains a lot of what for me was a useless attempt to be artsy and make some kind of societal statement about all that was happening around Leon & his entourage.

Sign in to see videos available to you.Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 3 days to finish once started.Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. The film, remastered by Harrod Blank, Les's son, was first publicly shown with Leon's approval only in 2015. Seriously from birth.

Red Rose Speedway Deluxe Edition, Balenciaga Logo Vector, Leopoldo Luque, Ginger And Garlic In Pregnancy, The Space Between Us Plot, Warren Cromartie Stats, A Child Of Books Teaching Ideas, Romans 6:14, How To Search A Website For A Word Using Google, Come Home Onerepublic Meaning, Toowoomba Council Jobs, Folk Heavy Font, Randolph Scott Movies, War Of The Lance, Teenage Heaven Chords, Yesterday's Hero Lyrics, Inquisitor Subscription, Imdb Mayday Air Crash Investigation, Closest Mall To My Current Location, Rosewood Miramar, The Frogs Summary, Restaurants Near Stonestown Mall, Who Predicted Pearl Harbor Attack, Like Clockwork, Can't Get Drunk Am I Pregnant, Best Pubg Map, Kuroneko (1968), Caribou Coffee Coronavirus, Market Dominator, The Adventures Of Sinbad Movie, The Mandalorian Episode 3, Melbourne Polytechnic Fees, Naniwo Naniwo, Pearl Harbor Movie Reddit, PUBG DLC, Clayton Geathers Net Worth, Yarn Bee Company Website, Gucci Snake Belt Men's, Black Korean Drama Recap, Bottega Veneta Cassette Bag, Come Out And Play, Swinburne Enrolment, Panchayat Online, Я роняю запад, Surf Coast Jobs, Nike Footpatrol, Samsonite Repair Uk, Mass Effect Renegade Romance, A Hidden Life, Meat Puppets -- Up On The Sun Lyrics Meaning, Who's Your Daddy Meme, Giovanni Esposito, Gold Choker Necklace Ebay, Channel 7 News | Tonight Video, Police Station Short Form, Los Angeles Vs Melbourne Reddit, Pacman Melon, Nesta Cooper Height, Queen Creek, Az Area Code, It Ain't Easy Original, Is Boba Fett A Mandalorian, Killzone 2, Rave Racer, Thrill Kill Game For Sale, Histoire Du Roi David Pdf, What If Japan Invaded Russia, Samsonite Sale, My Years With General Motors Epub, Kering Eyewear Phone Number, I Get A Kick Out Of You Ella Fitzgerald Lyrics, Stefano Ricci Online, Burning House Chords, Canned Mackerel Walmart, Samsonite Omni Pc Hardside Spinner 20, Alive Again Chicago, Khairiyat Lyrics In English, Inheritance Meaning,